Make a complaint

If you are unhappy with our service, please tell us. We will use the information from your complaint to help us improve.

Visit us

Visit our head office at 60-70 Main Street, Barrhead G78 1SB during our opening hours to discuss your complaint.

Call us

You can call us on 0141 881 0638 to speak to one of our customer service advisors about your complaint.

Write to us

You can send us an email to In your email, please tell us

  • Your full name and contact details
  • What has gone wrong
  • How we can resolve the matter

What will happen when you complain?

We will respond as quickly as we can. This could mean an on-the-spot apology and explanation. Or, it could mean immediate action to fix the problem.

If we can’t resolve the issue straight away, there are two stages.

Stage 1

We will tell you who is dealing with your complaint. 

We will give you a response in five working days or less.

If you are not satisfied with the response you get at stage 1, we will tell you what you can do next.  If you choose to, you can take your complaint to stage 2. 

Stage 2

Stage 2 deals with two types of complaints. The first is when you remain unhappy after stage 1. The second is when the complaint needs investigation.

When using stage 2

  • We will let you know that we have received the complaint within three working days.
  • We will confirm our understanding of the complaint with you.
  • We will resolve your complaint where we can.

If we cannot resolve your complaint, we will give you a full response as soon as we can. This will normally happen within 20 working days.

If our investigation takes longer than 20 working days we will tell you and keep you updated on progress. 

If you remain unhappy

After we make our final decision, if you are still unhappy, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to review it. The SPSO will ask you to complete a complaint form. You can do this online here.

The Scottish Housing Regulator can also consider issues raised with them. These issues are about 'significant performance failures'.  This is a failure that puts the interests of tenants at risk and which the landlord has not resolved.  It is something that could affect all the landlord’s tenants. If a problem like this affects you, you should report it to us. If you have told us about it but we have not resolved it, you can report it directly to the Scottish Housing Regulator.

How we regulate: A guide for tenants and service users | Scottish Housing Regulator

Serious concerns that affect many social housing tenants

If you are a tenant and you have a serious concern about us which also affects other tenants of ours, you can report it to the Social Housing Regulator. This only applies in certain circumstances. You can find out more about these circumstances and how to report these issues by using the Regulator's factsheet or visiting their website.