Barrhead Housing Associations Cyclical Maintenance Programme includes the following services:
GAS SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE
Barrhead housing Association carry out an annual gas service to ensure gas appliances within your home are safe. This is a legal requirement for landlords.
- Every year around 30 people die in the UK, with many others severely ill, from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues which have not been properly maintained. This unacceptable number of deaths would be even higher if it wasn’t for the strict legislation in the UK. You can’t see it, you can’t taste it and you can’t even smell it, but carbon monoxide can kill without warning in just a matter of hours.
- The service should last around 30 minutes, if you cannot give access personally then perhaps a friend or relative can. Should you have difficulty providing access during the day we can make a specific appointment normally with a 2 hour time slot if you contact us in advance of your appointment date.
- We will write to you with an appointment should you fail to provide access another appointment will be issued and you could face a £35 charge if the contractor does not obtain access. If you further fail to provide access or to contact us we will pass your information to your Customer Services Officer to investigate abandonment proceedings. If access for the gas service is still not provided then the Association will take the necessary action to gain access to the property on the legally due date.Mario Group undertake a weekly close cleaning service for residents in closes, who have agreed to participate in the communal cleaning contract. A contract specification and dates for cleaning are provided to each owner and tenant involved in the contract
Barrhead Housing Association is committed to ensuring that an Electrical Installation Certificate is completed within the recommended timescales for each individual property:
Close Cleaning & Communal Cleaning
- 5 year period for each property.
- 3 year period for all communal and commercial electrical supplies.
- An electrical test will also be completed on every property that becomes void before a new tenant is allowed to take up occupancy to ensure that the property meets the required electrical and health and safety standards.PaintworkGutter CleaningRoof Anchor Testing
Barrhead Housing Association carry out an annual test of all our roof anchors to ensure that they are fit for use by contractors accessing the roof and comply with Health & Safety regulations. This is undertaken as part of the Gutter Cleaning contract by Paterson Safety Anchors.Energy Performance Certificates
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) measures the energy efficiency of a property using a rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). The EPC also contains typical energy costs and recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money. Barrhead Housing Association is committed to ensuring that each individual property has an EPC in place which will be renewed every 10 years.
- Landscape Maintenance
McDermott Contract Services deliver the Landscaping and Ground Maintenance contract – working across all our locations: carrying out grass cutting/pruning/weeding/litter picking/ tree works where required and hard landscaping upon request.
Barrhead Housing Association have a 3 year gutter cleaning contract in place with Paterson Safety Anchors to identify which properties require an annual/bi-annual or three yearly clean. Within this contract Paterson Safety Anchors will also undertake minor repairs or replacements to rainwater goods, slates and roofs.
J S McColl have been awarded a 6 year paint contract. In 2019 they will be carrying out external paintwork to properties in Dunterlie. They will be painting internal closes and external facings within the development of John Street, Robertson Street and Barnes Street. J S McColl will also be carrying out external painting at Auchenback Court.
The Association will also be carrying out electrical upgrades to smoke alarm system within all tenanted properties which is a new legal requirement. The contractor is to be confirmed as the specification for this work is currently out to tender. Tenants will be notified as soon as successful contractor has been awarded contract. Where possible this work will be incorporated with the annual gas service to avoid residents having to provide additional access.
|DATES ARE INDICATIVE|
|All Addresses||Gas Maintenance and Servicing||Property Services||Gassure||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various Addresses||Landscaping and Maintenance||Preoperty Services||McDermott Contract Services||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various Addresses||Cleaning of Communal Areas||Property Services||Mario Group||April 2019||March 2020|
|Energy Performance Certificates|
|Various Addresses||EPC Inspections||Property Services||Argon||April 2019||March 2020|
|Electrical Installation Certificates|
|Various Addresses – Residential||Electrical Inspections||Property Services||Turner Group||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various Addresses – Communal||Electrical Inspections||Property Services||Turner Group||April 2019||March 2020|
|All Addresses||Gutter Cleaning and Small Repairs to rainwater goods||Property Services||Paterson Safety Anchors||April 2019||March 2019|
Replacement Smoke Alarms and Annual Inspections
|Property Services||This is currently at tender stage.
|October 2019||March 2020|
|CO Alarms / Monitors|
|Various Addresses – As Required||
Replacement CO Alarms and Annual Inspections
|Property Services||This is currently at Tender Stage TBC||October 2019||March 2020|
|Various Addresses||Quality Assurance – Gas||Property Services||Argon||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various Addresses||Quality Assurance – Electrical||Property Services||Argon||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various||Lift Maintenance and Servicing||Property Services||Jackson Lifts||April 2019||March 2020|
|Various||Annual Inspections||Property Services||Various||April 2019||March 2020|
|Sheltered Accommodation||Service and Maintenance||Property Services||JML||April 2019||March 2020|