Annual Rent Consultation 2021/22
This year, the Association undertook various approaches to consulting with our tenants in relation to the proposed rent increase for 2020/21. This included:
- A consultation leaflet issued to all tenants in December and offered a variety of ways to respond with their views in relation to the proposed increase of 0.5%
- We also pulled together a comprehensive booklet which provided a range of local and national financial assistance and services that were available to all our tenants
- Consultation with the Tenant Scrutiny Panel took place in January
- A Digital survey was available to all tenants to complete. Over 1400 texts and almost 1,000 emails were issued regarding the digital survey
- The consultation was widely advertised, highlighting there was on-line form accessible via our website, Twitter, Facebook. Tenants were also able to directly post or email in their responses.
- Three virtual drop-in sessions were arranged between December and January at different times/days to maximize participation,
- Information was posted on our website, Facebook and twitter
- The consultation end date was extended from 15th January until 5th February 2021 to obtain maximum feedback.These results then fed into discussions at our Governing Board meeting held on 25 February 2021, during which the Board agreed to increase rents and service charges by 0.5% from 1st April 2021. This is was lowest increase in a number of years and was the minimum that we could apply to ensure we could continue to provide you with a range of existing and proposed new services. We will be getting in touch with all tenants shortly to let you know our plans for the year ahead and the important role you have in telling us what’s important to you.
HAVE YOUR SAY – YOUR VIEWS ARE IMPORTANT TO US – NOW CLOSED
CLOSING DATE MONDAY 11TH JANUARY 2020 – EXTENDED TO 5-2-21
Each year we look at how much rent is needed to continue to provide great services and improve our properties. We want to keep your rent affordable so it is important that we hear your views so we get the balance between rent levels and services right.
2020 will always be remembered for Covid-19 and the change it brought to all our lives. We know this has been a difficult year for many of our tenants. Some people have lost their job and many are struggling financially. So we want to make the rent increase in April as low as possible.
Our starting point was to look at the September rate of inflation as this is used when changes are made to benefits and pensions. In September 2020 the Consumer Price Index (CPI) was 0.5%. We have worked out that this is the lowest amount of rent increase needed so we can continue with the same services as last year and carry out the improvements we have planned to our properties over the next 5 years.
We have already committed to this planned investment – and if we didn’t increase our rents by at least 0.5% – this would mean we couldn’t provide much needed improvements. In real terms this works out as 200 replacement bathrooms.
The Board will make a decision on the rent increase in January 2021 after they have considered all the feedback from you on this issue.
Full details of our proposed Rent Increase are within this Consultation Leaflet.
We have also produced within a comprehensive guide to what help is out there, including how to access food banks, help with your fuel bills, and benefit advice if you are financially impacted by this pandemic. This leaflet also tells you about local services on offer and some new government benefits that are coming our way. We hope you find this helpful.
There are many ways you can take part in the rent consultation for 2021/22.
Talk/Video Call Us
Please contact our main reception and we can get this set up for you on WhatsApp/Zoom/FaceTime or Teams
Call us on 0141 881 0638
Write to us
Complete the consultation tear-off sheet that has been issued to you and post it back in the pre-paid envelope or post it through the letterbox at our offices
Complete our online survey, scan the QR code provided to you on our Consultation Leaflet on your mobile device or go directly to our website.
Email us on email@example.com with the heading ‘Rent Consultation’
Need help or translation to complete this questionnaire? Ask any member of staff, call us on 0141 881 0638 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are holding 3 virtual sessions via zoom to make it easier for you to get in touch with us at a time that is convenient to you.
Friday 18th December 10.30am to 12.00pm
Monday 21st December 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Thursday 7th January 2021 12.00pm to 2.00pm
Please get in touch to receive the Zoom invite details to get involved and share your views.