To report a repair online, just click here:

For advice on dampness or condensation within your home, please see below:

Advice on Dampness of Condensation within Homes

General Advice:

Do you have enough credit in your meter? Top up may be required.
Have any of the switches in your electrical box/consumer tripped?   See Partial Loss Guidance.
Do your neighbours have power?
Contact your supplier to check if there is a problem with your meter or power supply within the area.
Normally an electrical appliance with an element such as a kettle, iron, tv, cooker, light bulb or microwave has caused the electrics to trip. To resume the power supply you will have to carry out the following actions:
Firstly unplug the appliance from the wall which is causing the problem. This will normally be one of the last appliances you switched on before the electrics tripped. Or turn off the light from the light switch on the wall.   Bulb will have to be replaced but go to next stage first before attempting to change the bulb.
Go to the consumer unit and look at all the switches, they should all be facing up but if one has dropped to the down position this will have to be pushed back up.   You may also have to press a small red/black button, shaped like a square known as an RDC. If neither action works the appliance causing the fault is still plugged in and you will have to source this appliance so you can reset the trip switch again. Once you have the power back on to identify if the fault lies with the appliance or the socket it is recommended that where it is easy to move e.g. kettle, try this in another socket (not the same double socket previously used) if the kettle trips the electrics again it is likely to be a fault with your kettle.   In this instance a new kettle would be required.
If you are still unable to get power supply back on then call emergency number where a member of staff will try to talk you through the process.
Where electrics have been damaged fire please call emergency number so that we can try to get an electrician to you to inspect if electrics are safe to use quickly.   Please refrain from using electrics during this period of time.   Where water has come through a light fitting this light should not be used and a lamp should be used in its place until the source of the leak has been identified and repaired. An electrician will have to disconnect the light and the light may require to be replaced.
Try to protect your belongings as best as possible by moving items away from the affected area. Use a bucket or container to hold the water and if safe to do so contact the resident above and ask if they have a leak.  The tenant above may not be aware of the leak if it is coming from water pipes under their floor. If they know what has caused the fault they should stop using the item such as a sink/bath etc until a plumber can attend. If the leak is coming from a water source that can’t be switched off then the main stop should be turned off, anti clockwise until the plumber arrives.
·         If it is not safe to do so or your neighbour is not at home then please contact BHA during normal working hours or our emergency number at night and during the weekend and a member of staff will attempt to contact resident by phone, text or e-mail if contact numbers have been issued.
If the water is significant and you can see your ceiling starting to bulge then you should protect the furniture/surfaces below and have containers ready sitting below ceiling area. Use a screwdriver, pen or other small metal device like a handle of a spoon to   pierce the ceiling this will result in a flow of water coming through the small hole you have created so it is important that you have the container ready, sitting below to catch the flow of water.
If you live on the top floor and water is coming from roof then contact BHA and our contractor will be contacted to attend as quickly as possible.
If the water is getting through the light fitting, switch off light immediately and do not use until an electrician has advised it is safe to do so. This may result in you having to use a table a lamp as a temporary measure until leak and lights can be fixed.
If you smell gas or have reason to believe there’s been a gas leak you should take immediate action. Call the National Gas Emergency Service number on 0800 111999, 24 hours a day. The National Gas Emergency Service will identify the source of the leak and repair it, free of charge, if it’s outside your home or property.Call 0800 111 999.
You will also have to turn off the main gas supply which can be located at your gas meter. Open windows, do not turn on any electrics including lights. If you live in a flat the door entry system should not be used, the door should be blocked open for emergency contractor to attend.   Do not smoke in property until leak has been traced and you have been advised it is safe to do so. Do not turn back on gas until fault has been repaired and you have been advised it is safe to do so.





We try to make reporting repairs as simple as possible.

The tenancy agreement makes us responsible for carrying out most repairs to your home. In general, we will keep your home ‘wind and watertight’ and ensure it is ‘reasonably fit’ for you to live in. this means we will repair or replace most fittings and fixtures that have become faulty through normal use and fair wear and tear. We also maintain installations including electrical, plumbing and heating systems and other essential features of your home.

We will not however repair anything that has been damaged by you, your family or visitors – whether intentionally, accidentally,or through neglect. You are responsible for carrying out various minor repairs, decorating inside your home; and for maintaining any features of fixtures you have installed yourself.

Full details of our target response times and other important information can be found within our Repairs Policy in the useful documents section.


A full list of Contractors and suppliers that we use can be found here: Contractors and Suppliers


Data Protection Act 2018 - The information you have supplied to us will be used by Barrhead Housing Association to process your enquiry or comments. We may also use your information to verify your identity where required, contact you by post, email or telephone and to maintain our records. Barrhead Housing Association will use this information because we need to do so to perform a task carried out. You can find out more about how we handle this information and your rights in respect of it by going to where our Data Protection Statement and Privacy Policy are available. If you do not have access to a computer and wish a paper copy please let us know by contacting us at or by telephone at 0141 881 0638.